Friday, May 19, 2006

Marathon

Someone convinced me that I could run a marathon, so I decided I would give it a try. The training was not as bad as one might think but the last stages were long and lonely (I do not recommend training by yourself). I talked several of my relatives into running the race with me. One was crazy enough to run the whole thing too. The rest opted for the four person relay although, many ended up running more than just their one leg of the race.

On May 7, 2006 we ran the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon. My official time was 4:52:50. For those of you not in tune with running, that's 4 hours, 52 minutes, 50 seconds to run 26.2 miles. A big thanks to all of my friends and family for all of your encouragement. I could not have done it without you! A special thanks to my hubby for running the last 7 miles with me and telling me, "you're almost there, you can do it."

Below is a photo of all of us after the race (courtesy Linda & Randy). You can check out more photos at www.runphotos.com enter bib # 2827.



No comments: